Catch Reporting & Verification
Eliminating the need for labour intensive paper logbooks, Pole Star’s electronic logbook (e-Logbook) offers the potential to better manage catch data and produce traceability documentation.
Many fisheries regulations incorporate limits on the total number of fish caught and fishing days per area. Pole Star provides a single, rule-based system that monitors compliance automatically and loads and converts data from both at-sea and at-dock landing reports - making it available immediately for port inspection personnel via 3G/4G handheld tablets.
Our systems are designed to meet the traceability requirements being introduced by the EU, North American and Japanese authorities.
Contact us for more information about our Catch Reporting Systems.
- GPS tracking
- Geographic Information System (GIS)
- Google® Maps or Open Streets database
- 2D and 3D visualisation tools
- Full text search
- Digital photos & document management
- Alerts, alarms and notifications
- Custom overlays (polygons)
- Entry/exit alerts
- Over/under speed alerts
- Remote diagnostics for tracking hardware
- Data export in XLS, Opendoc, KML formats
- Application Programming Interface (API) for integration with in-house systems
The "vessel ready" design allows it to be installed easily and field managed without the need for harnesses, antennas, or external power.
The SmartOne is powered by 4 x AA 1.5V lithium batteries providing up to 3 years of battery life, for a fit-and-forget solution, without the need to purchase expensive proprietary batteries for replacement.
- Operates in extreme temperatures and conditions
- Requires no harnesses, no external power and no external antenna
- Reduced satellite messaging if asset remains in same location
- Dimensions: 3.25" X 6.5" X 1.0"
- Mass: 70 grams
- Operating temperature range: -30 to +60deg C
- Power source: 4 x Lithium AA Batteries (not included)
The Absolute VMS reports the vessel’s location - accurately and privately - to the Fisheries Monitoring Centre (FMC) at programmable intervals.
Protected from the elements, as well as from intentional tampering, the robust unit is tough enough to last for years with only minimal maintenance.
- Fully integrated and complete system
- Anti-tamper alerts
- 5-7 days autonomy on backup battery power
- Robust and rugged design
- Low installation cost
- Alert@Sea emergency button (optional)
- Absolute e-Logbook (optional)
- 24/7 customer support
The e-Forms electronic logbook package is fully integrated with leading Inmarsat and Iridium based VMS terminals, and is engineered to be compact in size and inexpensive to update over satellite connections.
Also provided are weather and safety information via satellite, thus improving situational awareness and safety.
- Replace manual paper based catch reporting with Electronic Catch Reports (eLogbook)
- Fishing activity is reported in real time
- Custom e-Forms tailored to your needs
- Compact and rugged device with an intuitive touch screen interface
- Manage catch data and zones
Size: 215 (W) x 156 (H) x 65 (D) mm (maximum with rubber boot)
- Display Size: 7" (178 mm ) diagonal
- Mass: 1 kg
- Operating temperature range: -20 to 60deg C
- Certifcations: CE EN60950-1, EN55022, EN55024, EMC FCC Part 15, Class A RoHS