Under the Absolute Software brand, Pole Star provides fisheries monitoring services to over 35 countries and regional fisheries management organisations, covering in excess of 50 million square miles of fishing territory worldwide.
Pole Star's vessel monitoring systems (VMS) automatically monitor fleets of vessels using sophisticated algorithms that automatically detect deviations from normal fishing behaviour. Alerts are directed to appropriate personnel for at-sea intercepts, followed by the subsequent production of legal and casework documentation.
The VMS includes the sophisticated Fleet Information System (FIS).
FIS a secure web-based application that includes modules for
registering and tracking vessels, entering fisheries boundary polygons,
generating reports, and managing permits and licences, all operating
within a state-of-the-art Web 2.0 application.
Contact us for more information about our Vessel Monitoring Systems.
- GPS tracking
- Geographic Information System (GIS)
- Google® Maps or Open Streets database
- 2D and 3D visualisation tools
- Full text search
- Digital photos & document management
- alerts, alarms and notifications
- Custom overlays (polygons)
- Entry/exit alerts
- Over/under speed alerts
- Remote diagnostics for tracking hardware
- Data export in XLS, Opendoc, KML formats
- Application Programming Interface (API) for integration with in-house systems
The "vessel ready" design allows it to be installed easily and field managed without the need for harnesses, antennas, or external power.
The SmartOne is powered by 4 x AA 1.5V lithium batteries providing up to 3 years of battery life, for a fit-and-forget solution, without the need to purchase expensive proprietary batteries for replacement.
- Operates in extreme temperatures and conditions
- Requires no harnesses, no external power and no external antenna
- Reduced satellite messaging if asset remains in same location
- Dimensions: 3.25" X 6.5" X 1.0"
- Mass: 70 grams
- Operating temperature range: -30 to +60deg C
- Power source: 4 x Lithium AA Batteries (not included)
The Absolute VMS reports the vessel’s location - accurately and privately - to the Fisheries Monitoring Centre (FMC) at programmable intervals.
Protected from the elements, as well as from intentional tampering, the robust unit is tough enough to last for years with only minimal maintenance.
- Fully integrated and complete system
- Anti-tamper alerts
- 5-7 days autonomy on backup battery power
- Robust and rugged design
- Low installation cost
- Alert@Sea emergency button (optional)
- Absolute e-Logbook (optional)
- 24/7 customer support